Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Less than perfect?

Today has been one of those days.
I haven't been a gracious wife. I have been selfish.
Asking God the "why me" questions. Why do I struggle with selfishness? Daily fighting against my human nature. Why does my sweet uncle have to face cancer? Why? How can there be so many mommies and daddies facing many unknown days in the NICU and hospital? Am I not praying hard enough for Gavin? Why God, does my sweet boy's road seem so hard?

Then this little video came across my computer when I was on my lunch break.
If you are having a less than perfect day, or perhaps questioning God while going through some hard trials - listen to this video.
Particularly the part where John Piper speaks.


"All of it {your affliction} is TOTALLY meaningful. Every millisecond of your pain from the fallen nature or fallen man, every millisecond of your misery in the path of obedience, is producing a peculiar glory you will get because of that." - John Piper 

Do not lose heart. Everyday, focus on the Lord.
Until your heart SINGS with confidence that you are are new and cared for!

Every tear was worth it all!

This was worth it:

This was worth it:

This was worth it:

This was worth it!

Because THIS was worth it. 
Jesus is the reason I know it is all.going.to be OK!

If you are having one of those days. Look up. Your strength can be found in HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment