Monday, January 20, 2014

Mental Leap?

Before I dive into all things Gavin, I just wanted to thank all of you who prayed for my dad. His surgery couldn't have gone better, he is recovering at home, and doing everything the nurses tell him to. Once his 4-6 weeks of recovery are up, I am willing to bet that he will be even more energetic than before the surgery. It may sound cliche, but God is so good and I am so thankful for the fact that they caught the blockage before it led to a heart attack, and that everything has gone so well!

On to the mental leap that I believe Gavin is in the midst of. Being a preemie, he is smaller than most 13-month olds (0% for height and weight), as well as a little behind on his milestones. I tell everyone who worries about his development (myself included) that he does things on "Gavin time". This weekend, he decided to start consistently drinking out of his sippy cup whenever he was thirsty, self-feeding more than ever before (with less gagging), army crawling!, chatting up a storm, standing by himself for 4 seconds, and the kid doesn't like to be still. If he is on your lap he will be searching for your pointer fingers so he can grab hold and go for a walk. I am thinking my back could use a good re-alignment.
Lookin good in Uncle Tony's Carhart hat

Hugs for Puppy
Snack time


He is also in the process of manufacturing tooth #5, and has taken to grinding his other four teeth. Any tips on stopping that? The sound is awful, and he has managed to take a small chip out of one of is cute uppers. I have to admit that the mischievous look he gives when he does it is pretty adorable.

I am feeling so blessed that my work has agreed to adjust my schedule a bit, allowing me to have Wednesdays off! A day for just Gavin & me. That means all appointments, projects, and other things I put off until "later", will have a day all for themselves. Couldn't be happier!

Monday is off to a great start, can't wait to see what the rest of the week holds for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment