Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Praying for OK

My heart is so heavy for the mommies and daddies, who's little babes are still missing. It aches for the arms of parents that won't reach far enough into the rubble to touch their sons, their daughters. Breaking for families who's homes full of memories were leveled, the kiddos who lost their teddies in the destruction of the tornado, and for the weary rescue workers searching as hope fades.

However, the strength of the OK residents is astounding! I keep hearing over and over, that they just want prayer. Something I know quite a bit about. So many reached out to us, asking what they could do to support us with Gavin's rocky start. Prayer. It is powerful. It doesn't cost you a dime, but it will bless others richly. Without prayer, hope is lost. Without prayer, the piles of rubble (literal or figurative) are insurmountable. Without prayer, peace is a far off dream.

To hear the news reporters saying they will be praying, is not common. So many of the stories are heart-wrenching, but even those without faith seem to find hope and peace in prayer. Can God bring beauty from the rubble that is strewn throughout OK? Absolutely. It will be a long road, and no doubt heart ache will be ever-present, but we know that beauty comes from pain. Even if it is small, even if it takes many years. It will come.

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
-2 Chronicles 7:14

God, be with the people in OK. Heal their broken hearts. Bring them hope. Turn their hearts to you, for you will be their strength in this time of weakness and pain.

I am praying that I never forget where we have come from.

December 2012
So many tubes, wires & IVs.

 And where God has brought us to.

May 2013
Surgeries behind us.
Today I'll be praying for survivors in the school & surrounding homes, for healing to being, and hearts to be turned towards God.

I'll hug & kiss my little boy even more (if that is possible), take time to appreciate my husband, and love bigger.

This life is uncertain, but I know for sure that God cares. He hears our cries, and He is with us. Here and in OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment