Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Coffee anyone?

Let's close our eyes and pretend we are having a coffee date, shall we?

Okay, so maybe don't actually close your eyes, but let's pretend for the fun of it.

I'd order my favorite summer drink, Starbucks Iced Caramel Macchiato. We would sit down, and of course I would want to know all about what is going on in your world. No doubt many of you are busy just like we are!

Here's what has been going on in our town called Craziville. Population 3.

  • We packed up all of our earthly possessions in a U-Haul on Saturday morning, and headed up north a little ways. Thank heavens for the helpful crew we had with us! In the time that it took me to grab some lunch for the crew, they already had the contents of the garage in the U-Haul, and started on the furniture. Total time to loading time: 1.5 hrs. 
  • As soon as they had everything in the truck we (my mom, sister, dad & I) got our townhouse cleaned up and ready for the final walk-through. Much to my excitement, we aced the walk-through. Not a single thing wrong! I'd compare this to seeing a bright red A+ on a much dreaded final exam. Why is this so exciting? Well, Jason said whatever I get back from the deposit, was mine for decorating money!!! Target, HomeGoods, and local thrift stores...here I come!
  • It took the guys about 1 hr. to unload everything into our new garage, and by 2:00 we were completely finished! Time to start unpacking baby!
  • Earlier last week, Gavin had been spitting up brown gunk in the mornings. We noticed that it is only when his tummy is empty. So if he sleeps through the night, he has brown spit-up. Talk about our "but-ummm..." baby. Oh, how I want him to sleep through the night, but I HATE seeing that brown spit-up. We took him in, and the surgeon who did his esophagus repair wasn't concerned. Basically, we need to keep an eye on it. If he gets a fever, is extremely fussy, spits up the brown stuff more than just in the morning, or if his spit-up is reddish in color, we have to go back in. Praying that it goes away!
  • Our Memorial Day weekend was spent unpacking. Which is much harder with a little one in the home! Shocker, right!? There were breaks taken to play with him, feed him, change him, or just cuddle with him. But really, can you blame me?
  • Big news...we dropped Gavin off at his new daycare provider this morning. Does that ever get easy? I trust her, but it is still hard and I want to know how he is doing at all hours of the day!
  • This morning we became a car-pooling family. We drop Gavin off at daycare, Jason drops me off at work, and then he goes to work. Seems to be a good idea, and with the gas prices (ouch!) we had no other option. I, however, am struggling with not being able to jet off to our home for my lunch break! Hello cubicle lunches.
  • Tonight I start playing in a sand volleyball league. Which, I'm not going to lie, makes me a little nervous. I haven't played for a year or so. We'll see if I can move tomorrow morning, and if they invite me back to play next week.
Well friend, that is life as I know it right now. It is crazy, but I love the craziness. 

Coffee date again soon? Have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment