Thursday, September 11, 2014

The dash

This mind of mine has been flooded with TOO many things to write on this blog. Too many things that I can't seem to get down on paper - too many things I don't know if anyone even wants to know about.

That being said - I will keep this as short as possible.

Today being 9/11, I can't help but remember where I was when we heard about the attacks. Everyone I have talked to today remembers where they were. I remember what room I was sitting in at school, and I remember the teacher bringing the big TV into our room so we could see for ourselves what was going on. Today, I think of the wives missing their husbands - children, longing for one more game with their daddy or mama.

A normal day by all accounts, but a day that would forever change thousands of families - and our nation as a whole.

You see - we all come into this world, and one day we will leave it. Every gravestone has one common factor. THE DASH. Our lives have a start date, and an end date. Some have long lives, and some have painfully short lives. No one knows, (not one of us) when the dash will stop being drawn.

Let me tell you - I want my dash to matter! I want so badly to live life to the fullest, I want my life to revolve around my Lord. I want to love my family with a fierce love. I want to matter - but isn't that what we all want?

Today - let's make the dash count.

2 comments:

  1. Love this. What a great perspective on yesterday. And I love that you point out "today" for making it count. We need to really be living every moment we have:) Picsoandrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely something I strive for each day. Somedays aren't as good as others - but we try and try again! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete