Saturday, August 9, 2014

E-Z

Not to sound old fashioned, but in our "day-and-age", we are looking for the easiest, fastest way for EVERYTHING.

We live in a time where NO ONE has time.

Trying to fit as many activities in one day as humanly possible. Rushing from this play-date to that appointment, from that appointment to home - just in time to prepare a shockingly un-nutritious meal for your family. I want a social life just as much as the next guy, but it can be exhausting.

Keeping up with the Joneses (or Kardashians) is an all-to-real picture of our society.

I get it - believe me! I have Googled until I was blue in the face.

How to lose weight, while still eating what I want and exercising. There's a pill for that.

5 ingredient dinners, so I don't waste my night cooking. There's AllRecipes for that.

How do you know when you have spent "enough time" with the Lord. (You know, the perfect amount to make you not feel guilty, but also not interfering with your personal time.) Sadly - I have felt that way many times, and the truth is that you can't put a time-frame on God. I NEED that time with Him, man do I ever!

How to get quality time with your husband, while also pinning your next DIY projects to your Pinterest board. Take out the "quality time" part, and you have explained 95% of our homes - sadly this includes mine some days.

Get your child potty-trained faster. There's no pill for that, but plenty of ideas from moms. P.S. - turns out each kid is different! Imagine that!
Our potty-training boy. He's doing so great!
The goggles are a must!

It's no wonder we find anti-aging products everywhere we look! We are putting on the miles faster than ever before. I have found my fair share of grays already.

All of this dawned on me this morning as I pulled my weary soul out of bed. I am guilty of rushing, cramming, saying "yes" when I should have said "maybe later", and in general - looking for the easy way out.

Just my own thoughts, but maybe I need realize that I can't do it all. Jason, if you are reading this - you were right... I commit to things when I really shouldn't, and instead should be prioritizing my life better. I don't want to look back at these precious years with Jason & Gavin, and only see a blur.
My attempt to get a quick answer from the Dr. landed me in the ER.
Turns out stress can do a lot to a body.

I don't want to regret taking on too much, while I miss the little things that really matter. Do the dishes in the sink matter as much when there is a little guy holding a book, pulling on my leg to read? Simple answer: no!
Try saying no to that face! I dare you.

I want to plan my meals so I enjoy cooking again. I want to take time to talk with Jason like we used to - instead of "unwinding" with the TV or our iPhones. I want to spend time with my Lord each morning so I can renew my strength.

Here's to accomplishing my "I want tos".



1 comment:

  1. Can I get an amen? God gives us everything we need - it's up to us to filter through the noise and hear His voice. Then we are living lives of substance and no regret. You are right on target, sister!

    ReplyDelete