Thursday, July 24, 2014

Don't forget.

The way you say "naw-naw" when you mean yes.
The first time you signed "please" and meant it.

How you blow kisses and say "buh-bye" whenever we leave somewhere. 
And how you repeatedly kiss your hand, because you haven't figured out how to "blow" them away.

You are an amazingly good traveler! 

When I pick you up from daycare, I ask where we are going and you yell "HOME!"

How you stop in your tracks when you hear music.


The way you smell after a bath.
or how the smell of sunscreen lingers on your skin after daycare.


When you eat, you leave no food behind - you LOVE food! Despite all of your horrible gagging/spit-up/vomiting, your love for food trumps all! 
Some day when all I can get you to eat is a box of Kraft and Pizza, may I remember these days.

When I do your nebulizer treatments at night, you hold your hand out so I can tickle it. 
You love it, it calms you.

When we stomp our feet, you always scream and run to wherever we are.
You love to play, and daddy is your favorite playmate.

Whenever we finish praying you say "Aaammeeen".

Your expressions. Oh heavens, you have an expressive face.
Always have.


You, my boy, need to know that 
I cover your face in kisses whenever I get the chance. 
I sneak in a few extra when you sleep just because I can.

You need to know that no matter what you do, I will love you.
No matter how old you get, I will still want to know what is going on in your life.
And I will always be proud of you. You have taught me so much about life, and how to live it.
God sure knew what He was doing when He blessed us with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment