Friday, May 13, 2016

this Nation.

Little do you all know, I have been writing - yet not publishing anything. I can't seem to get anything solid out of my brain. My head spins in circles most days, and I tend to want to go in 50 different directions. Just bare with me - as this is not my normal blog. It isn't touchy feely. It isn't about my family (although it kind of is). It isn't profound, but I needed to get it out.
Now that my caveat is over - let's carry on.

I join a multitude of people today, standing confused about this country and the direction it is going.

Yet I say - God is sovereign. He is on his throne, and we MUST press on. Notice I didn't say back down - I said press on.

The way this world is going is troubling, yet it doesn't surprise me. This is not home - we are passengers on this road called life, and we strive to do what we were put on this earth to do. For me, I believe that I am here because God has a greater purpose for my life. Does each day feel like an intense mission? No - but I do believe each day matters. How we treat people matters. Loving well, and yet standing firm matters. And not losing ourselves in the pressure to be tolerant, or politically correct MATTERS.

Will you see me picketing, or saying hateful things? No, because that is NOT what we are called to do. I truly believe hate gets you no where, it only spurs on the one you hate.

What does bother me is that as a married, white, Christian, female - I am not given the chance to have my OWN beliefs. I think as a whole, Christ followers feel like they are walking a fine line at all times. Never have I felt more aware of being the outsider. Persecution - not like I pictured it when I was little. We aren't being beaten (although some are), but we aren't being treated as equals anymore. I don't worry for myself, but I do worry for my kiddos. What will they grow up with? How will they be treated? Will they be bullied for being Christians? I am already worried that Gavin will be bullied because he marches to the beat of his own drum. He has scars to show his journey, and I fear they will be the subject of mockery. Do I really want to add the worry of persecution to my list? No.

I feel like I am constantly going in circles in my head "Don't worry, you can't change anything", "You can't be silent about these issues" "What will this nation cook up next?" "Don't worry - God has you"....on it goes.


"Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me." John 14:1

That is what I am choosing to focus on today.

No court ruling can take my salvation. No order pushed down by Mr. Obama can take my joy. No act of anyone on this earth will change my eternity!

I know whose I am. I am a child of the King.

I know who I am. I am a wife to a wonderful man, and I pray that we could have a chance to impact marriages for the better. I never want our marriage to be a reason someone doesn't believe in marriage. I am a mama who is going to try her hardest to make sure my kids treat others with respect, yet teach them what the Word of God says.

This Nation may not want to be "Under God" anymore, but I can tell you that my family & I will be here, serving the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment