Saturday, January 10, 2015

Work in progress

Over the past few years, I have learned many things.

-The Huskers aren't what the once were, and the Gophers are looking better and better every year. Humility is being taught in this Nebraska girl's heart.

-Being a mama has, at times, been gut-wrenching hard and on the other hand the most rewarding moments have come out of it.

-Minnesota isn't all that bad. Yes it is freeeezing most days, but I am starting to grow roots here. It has taken a while to quiet the urge to move every 1-2 years. I feel our home becoming the place that Gavin will bring his buddies to, and where Jason and I can pour our creativity and sweat into.

-Worrying, despite all of my attempts to cling to it - is not a solid foundation. Not a real shocker, but it is something that has taken years to finally start grasping. I'm not there yet, but I do know that letting God take over is where I'll stay.

-One of the biggest lessons would have to be - hold the things of this world loosely in my hands. Had God not put us on the journey we have been traveling recently, I would have never noticed that. It is amazing what we learn through living life, isn't it?
Life can be exhausting!
I am sure the next few years will bring more life lessons. Ones that shape, mold, chisel, and make me who I am intended to be. I have made mistakes, but I don't have regrets. Hardships have shaped me, and I am grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment