Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Two years' time

Hard to believe that two years ago, we were being transported from MG hospital to the U of MN hospital to prepare for Gavin's arrival. We didn't expect that he would be born that day, but God had other plans.

First time holding my guy.

Gavin Lee was born at 4:38pm at a different location than planned.
He was 4lbs 8 oz with the strength of any full-sized super hero.
Our little man was 18 1/2 inches long, with the sweetest fingers and toes
His body had many complications, as you all know. If you don't - just go back in time and read some of my previous blogs.
His little life, however "complex" it was (is), has changed who I am in a mighty way.

Gavin, my boy, you are the sweetest, most lovable, caring little guy I have ever had the privilege of knowing! And you are ours! How did God know we needed you?

I need your smile in a big way most days.
I crave your hugs when I am away.
Your little voice warms my soul, in a place I never knew was in need of warmth.
The way you notice so many things in your life, brings new perspective into mine.
The way you sleep just like me, all curled up in a ball.
Oh how you love to he "kickled", on your hands, feet, and head. And when the tickling stops, and you are drifting off to sleep, you whisper "more...kickle".

This next year is sure to be an adventure. 

As your mama, I tend to look back on where we have come from, more and more. My promise to you is to let this next year not be focused as much on your past, but to focus on the present moments - and live each day without any regrets.

Your life had made a huge impact on mine, and I can't wait to see how the Lord will use you. I am just privilaged to get a inside look at your life.

Happy two years little man!


No comments:

Post a Comment