Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Home

Oh home, let me go home! Home is wherever I'm with you.
-Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros


I will be the first to admit that I surprise myself... a lot. Most recently (or over the past 5 years of being married at least), I have fallen in love with Lord of the Rings, and now The Hobbit. Never in a million years would I have thought I would love such a "nerdy" movie, but last night after watching the final Hobbit - I was hit with a word HOME.

You see, at the end of the day - when the dust settles and the sun sets, all I want is home. I want to be home with my two men. I want to have the comforts of my home. The warmth that it brings to my heart could fuel a thousand fires.

Home is a safe place. It is no surprise that your goal in baseball is to get to "home base". Soon we will be setting out to my parent's home in North Dakota. We will be spending this Christmas season with a house full of love! Doesn't get much better than that does it?

Home - isn't it so much more than a place? It is not the building I love so much, it is the people who fill it with life that I am captivated by.

I pray this Christmas that you find peace, and that your home - wherever it may be - is filled with love.

{Editor's note - forgot to hit "publish"...}

No comments:

Post a Comment